Medical Gas Training Resources: Find the training format that best fits your business needs
Effectively training your employees can accomplish several important goals: regulatory compliance, standardization, employee performance improvement, loss reduction and profit improvement. GAWDA members have access to a variety of training resources and training formats. Select the format that best meets your business requirements.
GAWDA U Online is an employee training curriculum and management tracking protocol that addresses many of your training needs in the areas of compliance with safety practices and government regulations, which are impacting your core business. GAWDA University is facilitated by Norco, a GAWDA member. To sign up for the program, send an email to Michelle Zimmerman at [email protected] Dozens of free courses are available to GAWDA members. Here are some examples:
- Acetylene Safe Handling and Storage
- Back Injury Prevention and Safety
- FDA cGMP Training
- Nitrous Oxide Facts & Guidelines
- Noise and Hearing Conservation
- Oxygen Safe Handling and Storage
- Prevention of Vehicle Accidents
- Forklift Safety
CGA Training Modules
The Compressed Gas Association has invested significant resources in high-quality e-learning modules. The first three training modules are available at CGAnet.com — click on the publication locator.
- TM-1 Safe Handling and Storage of Compressed Gases
- TM-2 Safe Handling of Acetylene Cylinders
- TM-3 Safe Handling of Cryogenic Liquids in Portable Containers
In addition to the e-learning training modules above, the CGA has developed industry standard videos to assist in training your personnel and customers.
- AV-7 Characteristics and Safe Handling of Carbon Dioxide
- AV-10 Safe Handling and Use of Medical Equipment and Gases in a Homecare Environment
- AV-12 Avoiding Medical Gas Mix-ups
Professional Compliance Seminars
GAWDA consultants (Mike Dodd/Tom Badstubner) present a three-day DOT/FDA compliance seminar at least twice each year. The spring seminar is held at Chart Industries in Ball Ground, Georgia, and the fall seminar is held at Weldcoa in Aurora, Illinois. The seminars alternate between DOT/FDA audit survival and certified, train-the-trainer sessions. Contact Mike or Tom for more information.
Food Gas Roundtables
A free monthly webinar is available to GAWDA members to review the compliance requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act (21 CFR Part 117). Over the course of the year, we cover the subjects required for food/beverage gas Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) training (FSMA, allergen training, sanitation training, Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Prevention Controls, Supplier Qualification, Food Safety Plans, etc.). We also review the changes to the sample procedures and recent FDA actions. The webinars are typically held at 2 p.m. EST on the last Friday of each month. Contact [email protected] for log-on information.
Medical Gas Roundtables
Similarly, we conduct several medical gas CGMP webinars on the last Friday of each month. There are sessions for all GAWDA members, and there is one session reserved exclusively for members of the GAWDA Medical Gas Standard Operating Procedure Program.
Other Food Gas Training Online Resources
Contact [email protected] for the links to the online training resources below:
- Food Gas – CGMP Training for Pumpers: This 28-minute video presentation and quiz covers the essential FDA regulations (21 CFR 117) including allergen training and sanitation training.
- Food/Beverage Gas Compliance – For Owners and Managers: This 62-minute video discusses how to set up a compliant food/beverage gas program.
- Medical Gas – CGMP Training for Pumpers: This 25-minute video presentation and quiz covers FDA compliance requirements of 21 CFR Part 211.
- Medical Gas – CGMP Training for Drivers: This 23-minute video presentation and quiz covers the FDA regulations pertaining to medical gas container deliveries, recognizing medical gas labels, medical gas tamper-proof connections, etc.
These resources above can greatly assist you in your regulatory and training needs. Consider which format best fits into your requirements.