All Women of Gases & Welding Educational Grant Applications must be received by June 30, 2022.
The new Women of Gases & Welding (WGW) Educational Grant Program will provide financial support to two GAWDA female members to attend the University of Innovative Distribution (UID) in March 2023 & March 2024.
The UID is a concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry. Courses are grouped in Education Tracks based on theme, such as Management, Operations, Marketing, Distribution Strategy, Sales and more.
The UID experience is designed to enhance and fortify your knowledge, skills, and abilities with hands-on experience to support immediate application into your work environment. This is an direct benefit for your employee, your company, and our industry. A TRIPLE WIN!!!
For more details about the University of Innovation Distribution and the courses offered, visit them at https://www.univid.org/aws/AEA/pt/sp/UID_home_page
- $2,595 total awarded to each WGW Educational Grant Recipient. This includes the $1,095.00 to registration fee and $1,500 to cover travel and expenses.
- 2 grants will be given every year
Grant Recipient Selection Process:
- Applicant must be a GAWDA member or employee of a GAWDA member.
- Applicant must be a female.
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference from their employer.
- Applicant must include an essay explaining how they will use this education in their professional life.
- May 1 – June 30, 2022: GAWDA WGW Accepting Applications
- July – August 2022: Review of Applications/Select Recipients
- August 2022: Notify Recipients
- GAWDA Annual Convention October 5-8, 2022 (San Diego, CA): Announce Recipients
- October 2022: University of Innovative Distribution Registration Opens
- March 2023/March 2024: Recipient attends UID