Xiris is pleased to celebrate its 30th anniversary as of September, 2019. Founded 30 years ago by Cameron Serles, the business was initially set up to commercialize the budding technology of machine vision, where cameras are used to acquire images of manufactured goods and send them to computers for processing. Back in 1989 when the company started, most manufacturers were highly skeptical of the success of using cameras to measure the size or shape of their manufactured goods. As a result, the first few years were tough until the technology slowly gained acceptance, initially in the automotive and semiconductor industries, then eventually embraced in applications across all forms of manufacturing and materials processing. Now it is a well accepted technology, but it has been a long journey for Xiris and other similar companies to establish their market and business.
Other October 1 Connection Items:
- Absolute Air Breaks Ground
- Linde Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Xiris Celebrates 30 Years
- Gordon Edwards Receives 2019 Morris Gold Award
- Messer Holds Annual Safety Day
- Central Welding Supply To Host Customer Appreciation Event
- Airweld and Lincoln Electric—Off to the Races Again!