AOC Mexico was originally opened in 1993 as Acetileno Oxigeno de Coahuila, which it operated as until 2000 when, due to its growth, it changed its name to AOC.
The company started with $7,000 in capital and 50 cylinders. It was founded as a family-owned company and has retained those tenets through the next three decades, operating with the slogan: Safety in Gases.
Today, the company has 18 branches, 210 employees, 10 filling plants, 1 hydrogen filling plant, 1 acetylene production plant, and 1 gas metrology laboratory. Though it was founded with a sales mix of 30% gas, 30% machines, 30% hardgoods and 10% services, its mix today is more akin to 80% gas and 20% hardgoods.
“In recent years, AOC has faced several challenges, including the economic downturn and the rise of online retailers,” says Vice President of Sales Alonzo Gonzalez. “However, the company has overcome these challenges by finding innovative solutions and partnering with other vendors. For example, AOC has partnered with several manufacturers to provide cost-effective and innovative solutions for its customers. The company has also developed several online tools and resources to help customers find the products and services they need.”
As a result of these efforts, AOC has been able to maintain its position as a leading provider of industrial gases, welding supplies, and engineering solutions in Mexico and now in the United States with its new location in Brownsville, Texas. The company is committed to providing its customers with the best possible experience, and it is constantly looking for new ways to meet the needs of its customers.
The company is committed to providing its customers with the best possible experience, and it is constantly looking for new ways to meet the needs of its customers. In recent years, the company has:
- In 2018, opened its first Air Separation Unit in Coahuila, Mexico to better serve its customers’ bulk requirements.
- In 2020, partnered with Cryogas to better serve its bulk customers throughout Mexico.
- In 2021, partnered with SYOXSA INC. to better serve customers in West Texas.
- In 2023, opened its first branch in the United States to serve its customers that have operations in both countries.
- In 2023, partnered with Hebei Runfeng to expand its capabilities and better serve its clients. This collaboration marks a significant step forward in AOC’s commitment to providing top-quality solutions in the fields of cryogenics, gases, low-temperature equipment, lasers, and cryogenic tanks.
Gonzalez concludes, “The company plans to reach its monetary goals and open several air separation plants in Mexico and Texas in order to better serve its customers.”
Congratulations to all GAWDA members celebrating milestone anniversaries in 2023.
GAWDA members represent the best-of-the-best companies in the gases and welding industries. Each year in the Summer issue, we recognize those GAWDA Members celebrating milestone anniversaries. In the Q3 issue’s President’s Column, GAWDA President Robert Anders explored the three C’s of longevity. We want to add a fourth C for this column: Congratulations to all those GAWDA members celebrating anniversaries this year! And if you have a milestone anniversary coming up in 2024 and would like to be featured in this column next year, please reach out today at [email protected]