Like most companies that have lasted for 110 years, ILMO Products Company bears little resemblance to the company founded in 1913. When D.O. Floreth and his father, Henry Floreth, decided to open their doors, the company was a wholesaler of automobile accessories called Illinois Tire and Vulcanizing Company. Later, as the company evolved, it began going by Illinois Tire & Battery. It was through the automobile industry that today’s ILMO Products entered the gas business. “[ILMO] got into the gas business through the carbide acetylene headlights for automobiles,” says Executive Vice President Liz Standley. “We slowly transitioned from automobile accessories to welding supplies. We started carrying oxygen cylinders and related welding equipment to go with the acetylene. It took off from there.” But while the company’s name and primary products have changed over the last 110 years, its culture and ideals have remained constant. And it’s those bedrock principles that have allowed ILMO to thrive for more than a century.
- December 1, 2023 – GAWDA Distributor News
- 20 year anniversary for Advanced Welding Supply Company
- Solution Source celebrates their 30yr anniversary
- 30 year anniversary for CTR
- AOC Mexico celebrates 30 year anniversary
- 35 year anniversary for McDantim Inc.
- American Cap Company celebrates 35 year anniversary
- Ace Welding Supply, Inc. is celebrating their 35th anniversary