The generous employees of Weiler Abrasives Group, the Cresco-based global abrasives manufacturer, raised more than $40,000 in their annual campaign benefiting Pocono Mountains United Way. The company matched that effort with a $60,000 corporate contribution, bringing Weiler’s total donation to $100,000.
The money raised will support Pocono Mountains United Way’s Monroe County programming initiatives that address poverty alleviation, healthy food access, and critical housing needs for local families.
“Weiler was built on, and continues to thrive because of, our strong partnerships with our customers, coworkers and community. We call them the 3 C’s, and they are the foundation of our company values,” said Bill Dwyre, Weiler managing director, Americas. “Our steady support of the United Way campaign is one of the ways we’ve had the privilege of living those values out in the community we call home.”
“We, like Pocono Mountains United Way, believe in making our community a better place,” said Cristina Matos, Weiler sales and marketing analyst and United Way committee chairperson. “That’s why we have continued our tradition of supporting them for the last 16 years.”
To help promote the United Way campaign among her colleagues, Matos led a United Way committee with representatives from several Weiler departments. The campaign was 75 days long, themed “75 Days of Giving,” and culminated on October 12 at Weiler’s Family Day Fall Festival, a celebration of the company’s 75th anniversary. In September, the committee also hosted its Fifth Annual Golf Tournament at Skytop Lodge in Skytop, PA, another fundraiser for the company’s United Way campaign.
Earlier this year, Weiler was awarded as the #1 Winner in the 2019 Pocono Record Reader’s Choice Awards for these categories:
• Best Overall Company to Work For
• Best Benefits Program
• Best Company Culture
• Best Employee Recognition Program
• Best Overall Leadership Program
• Best Training Program
• Best Workplace Culture
• Most Innovative Workplace
Other December 15 Connection News:
- Registration is Open for the 2020 PurityPlus Annual Meeting
- Controlled Efficiencies Moves to New Location
- Atlas Welding Supply Hosts 75th Anniversary Open House
- Kaplan Industries Adds Two New Bulk Hydrocarbon Tanks
- Butler Gas Partners with the Brashear Association
- Weiler Abrasives Group Raises $100,000 to Support Pocono Mountains United Way
- Airweld Announces E-Commerce Site Open to All Customers