Iwatani Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange code: 8088) announced that Joseph S. Cappello has been named Executive Officer of Iwatani Corporation and also appointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Iwatani Corporation of America (ICA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Iwatani Corporation. Mineharu Okamoto, president of Iwatani Corporation of America, will assume the additional title of Chief Operating Officer.
In this new role, Cappello will lead the expansion of ICA’s total businesses including hydrogen and industrial gases across the Americas and have the additional responsibility for mergers and acquisitions in the region.
Cappello has served as Executive Advisor to Iwatani Corporation since early 2018. Prior to this appointment, he was an executive and board member of a number of private equity-sponsored companies and had a 15-year career with Praxair, Inc. (now Linde, plc) where he held several management positions, including President, Praxair Asia.
Okamoto will continue to focus on ICA’s materials and energy product lines, as well hydrogen and industrial gases, and will drive innovation and accelerated growth of new value propositions across the mobility and IT sectors.
View Other September 15 News Items:
- In Memoriam: Jessi Combs
- nexAir Named One of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Memphis
- New Production Facility: Messer Invests 34.6 Million Euros in America
- Anova Hires Danelle DiLibero as Vice President of People and Culture
- Arc Fest at Baker’s Gas with Arc Junkies Podcast and ESAB
- Airweld To Open Fully Operational Demo Room
- Iwatani Corporation Announces Executive Appointments, Including Joseph S. Cappello as CEO of its U.S. Subsidiary